Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Andy Mills Party All Night


Arrived promptly as usual from TonnerDirect – here he is, Andy Mills, my first non-character, male Tonner doll. I thought he was cute in the Tonner promo shot, but in person he's lovely, with his brown wigged hair and light green eyes. He's still a little plasticy looking in comparison to the Tonner girls, but a vast improvement over Matt or the others.

Andy, a bit ruffled after Partying All Night

I was tempted by Andy after seeing real life photos of him in the Fare Game outfit, I think I'd originally passed over him in the Cami lineup as the dolls in general just didn't appeal to me at the time. Also I vaguely thought he was Cami's boss or something, turns out he's her best friend and Tonner's first gay character. Poor Andy seems to be alone romantically though – there's an ever increasing chorus of female characters in Cami's world (Jon, Chrys, Rose, Gina) but no other males. (Which does make you wonder about the girls ...)

The Party All Night outfit is nicely made; a minty green suit with a satiny shirt and waistcoat, cool glasses and a stripey tie. The one thing that lets it down is the shoes – big green hunks of plastic that I'm sure a real life Andy wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Given the level of detail seen on the shoes worn by Tonner girls these are a bit of a disappointment and probably will get replaced at some point. But that's my only quibble and for now Andy Mills will be joining the rest of my Tonner collection.

Andy's ghastly shoes!










Party All Night - Andy (T11CJSD10). Limited edition 100, exclusively for UFDC 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment